GLOBAL MOVIE DAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Global Movie Day Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 11, 2023 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on February 11, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of 50 United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Quebec, outside Canada and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is two (2) ways to enter:
• VIA INSTAGRAM: At the start of the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will make one (1) post announcing the Promotion on the @TheAcademy Instagram account. Once you see the post, you may enter the Promotion on Instagram by following the instructions outlined in the post and creating your own post, telling or showing how you will be celebrating Global Movie Day, and posting it to your Instagram account with the hashtags #GlobalMovieDay and #Sweepstakes and tagging @TheAcademy (collectively, an “Instagram Entry”) to earn one (1) Instagram Entry into the Promotion. Limit one (1) Instagram Entry per person/Instagram account during the Promotion Period. Participants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of Instagram Entries by using multiple/different Instagram accounts, identities, registrations, logins, addresses or through any other methods, may void all of Instagram Entries resulting in disqualification in Sponsor’s complete and sole discretion. You must have a non-private Instagram account to enter via Instagram and have your account privacy setting set to “Off”. An Instagram account can be opened for free by downloading the Instagram application from the Apple store or Google Play. Instagram Entries must comply with Instagram’s/Meta’s platform rules, terms and policies.
• VIA TWITTER: At the start of the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will make one (1) post announcing the Promotion on the @TheAcademy Twitter account. Once you see the post, you may enter the Promotion on Twitter by following the instructions outlined in the post and creating your own post, telling or showing how you will be celebrating Global Movie Day, and posting it to your Twitter account with the hashtags #GlobalMovieDay and #Sweepstakes and tagging @TheAcademy (collectively, a “Twitter Entry”) to earn one (1) Twitter Entry into the Promotion. Limit one (1) Twitter Entry per person/Twitter account during the Promotion Period. Participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of Twitter Entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, logins, addresses or through any other methods, may void all Twitter Entries resulting in disqualification in Sponsor’s complete and sole discretion. You must have a non-private Twitter account to enter. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.Twitter.com to create a free account. Twitter Entries must comply with Twitter’s platform rules, terms and policies.
Instagram Entries and Twitter Entries will be referred to herein collectively as “Entry” or “Entries”. For clarity, direct message responses do not constitute an Entry into the Promotion. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account or the Twitter account which submitted the reply at time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who registered for an Instagram account or a Twitter account.
All Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible for the Promotion.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: You acknowledge and agree to the following with respect to any Entry you submit: By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. Sponsor may blur or black out infringing material, in their sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way they see fit. Instagram and Twitter are not affiliated with this Promotion in any way and are not responsible for the administration of the Promotion or the awarding any of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of this Promotion by Instagram or Twitter is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Entries may be posted or reposted to the Sponsor’s website/Instagram account/Twitter account, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. In addition:
● Entry must be in English.
● Entry may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content; and may not include any nudity or violence or illegal or dangerous activities (or references thereto), as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
● Entry must not, and you represent and warrant that it will not, violate or infringe any third-party copyright (including copyrighted music), trademark, trade dress, logos or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including, but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
● Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable.
● Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure (living or dead unless you have express permission), any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or last name, address, phone number, or URL address.
● Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with the image or message of the Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Promotion.
● Entry must be your sole original work and may not have been submitted previously in a Promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
● You must own all rights in the Entry and have the right to grant Sponsor a license to use the Entry (including any material embodied in the Entry).
● Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age and any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be rejected during the screening process.
● The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, their agents or their products or other people, products or companies.
Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants’ online service may apply and are entrant's sole responsibility. If entering via a mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply and are entrant’s sole responsibility.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about February 15, 2023, one (1) Grand Prize winner and five (5) First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawing. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning a First Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”):
• GRAND PRIZE (1): A three (3) day/two (2) night trip for winner and one (1) travel companion to attend the 2024 Oscars Watch Party at The Academy Museum (“Event”) and $250 (awarded in the form of a check). Trip includes round-trip economy air transportation for winner and travel companion from major airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion), two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), admission tickets for winner and travel companion to the Event. If a winner lives within a 250-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA winner will receive a $250 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation for travel will be provided. Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be 18 years or older at time of travel and must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. Total ARV of the Grand Prize is USD$2,750.
• FIRST PRIZES (5): A Global Movie Day Lover Prize Pack, including Sponsor-specified Academy Museum merchandise and $50 movie theater gift card. ARV USD$488.89/each. Total ARV of all First Prizes is USD$2,244.45.
Total ARV of all prizes is USD$4,994.45. Limit one (1) prize per person.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Gift card terms and conditions apply. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, surcharges, service charges, personal charges, taxes, travel and other insurance, additional transportation, gratuities, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel and/or Event documents. Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion must travel on same itinerary and must agree to depart and return on dates specified by Sponsor surrounding the Event, which are subject to change, or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel is subject to availability. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to travel on dates specified, Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected. Grand Prize is subject to additional restrictions. All travelers must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., REAL ID, passport or other TSA-approved ID; visit www.tsa.gov for a list of TSA-approved IDs). All travelers must also pass any required medical testing and comply with any requirements, at any time, that may be required or recommended by any government agency, airline, or Sponsor, including without limitation, passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19. Travelers may also be required to execute any assumption of risk and/or other documents relating to COVID-19 or he/she may not be permitted to travel or participate in the Event. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement, cancellation or change of venue of any Promotion-related events. Winner and travel companion must wear appropriate attire and act in an appropriate manner (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in order to attend the Event or they may not be admitted to or be ejected from the Event with no further compensation to winner. The Grand or First Prizes may not be used for any trade or promotional purposes by any third party. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion acknowledges and agree that: (i) all persons will be required to pass a security check conducted by the Sponsor prior to entering the Event; (ii) the 2024 Oscars Watch Party at The Academy Museum tickets do not include access to the 96th Annual Academy Awards® ceremony or Dolby Theatre; and (iii) all persons will be required to sign a separate liability and publicity release form prior to entering the red-carpet viewing area. Grand Prize winner and travel companion also agree that Sponsor or its agents may photograph and/or videotape any or all aspects of the Event (“footage”) and Grand Prize winner/travel companion agree that Sponsor may use or edit that footage in any way they see fit. In the event that the Event is cancelled or postponed, the Event takes place without spectators, or the Event has a change in venue for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof but the remainder of the trip will be awarded. In the event Grand Prize winner or his/her travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early and/or eject them from the Event, in whole or in part, and send the winner and his/her travel companion home with no further compensation to the winner. Grand and First Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize description in these Official Rules and prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize and First Prize winners will be notified via direct message on the platform in which the Entry was submitted. You are solely responsible for monitoring your Instagram account and/or Twitter account for notification. Canadian winners must answer, unaided a mathematical skill-testing question as a condition of receiving the prize. Each potential Grand Prize and First Prize winner must follow the directions in the direct message to provide his/her name, full mailing address, email address, and date of birth (and answer the skill-testing question for Canadian winners) within twenty-four (24) hours of notification or prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner and an alternate winner may be selected. Potential Grand Prize winners will be contacted via email and must then sign and return via DocuSign, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Declaration”). The Declaration must be completed, signed and return the Declaration via a method specified by Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours after delivery of the Declaration to the winner. Grand Prize travel companion must sign and return a Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (“Release”) in order to travel with the Grand Prize winner and attend the Event. The Release must be completed, signed and returned via a method specified by Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours after delivery of the Release to the Grand Prize winner’s travel companion. Return of any prize notification or any prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Potential Grand Prize and First Prize winners are subject to verification. After the Promotion Period, any prize which is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise in non-compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted. For any prize that is not properly claimed, Sponsor will attempt to award that prize to up to three (3) alternates, and if the prize still is not properly claimed and time permitting, the prize will not be awarded. Prizes may not be awarded if not properly claimed.
8. GENERAL RULES: By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Website or the Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Website or Promotion. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) are not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or Website may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or Website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Promotion and select the winners at random from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By entering the Promotion, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, entrants, and winners and travel companions agree that Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, appearing in footage, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Promotion or participation in any Promotion or related activity. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. In the event the Grand Prize winner or his/her travel companion consume alcoholic beverages while attending the Event, they do so at their own discretion and agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from any subsequent damages or claims arising out of or related to such consumption.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the awarding of prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and entrant waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Sponsor. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately USD$250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California in the U.S., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of California USA or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in California in the U.S.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of winners, send an e-mail with the following subject: “Global Movie Day Sweepstakes”, to email@example.com for receipt no later than March 31, 2023.
13. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, located at 8949 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90211 USA. The Administrator of this Promotion is Don Jagoda Associates, located at 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.